FROM HOTELS TO HIDEAWAYS, SANTA BARBARA HAS IT ALL!
UNCOVER GREAT RATES
LINGER A LITTLE LONGER IN NEIGHBORHOOD INNS
Visit our blog to uncover local secrets, events & more. Details
Stay a little longer & do a little more! Details
Tour the region from sunrise to sunset Details
WHAT TO DO WHILE HERE? Learn More
TREAT YOUR PALATE TO AN UNFORGETTABLE TASTE VACATION More Details
CALENDAR OF EVENTS Learn More
With so many options, here are ideas on where to begin. Details
From toddler to teen, you'll have a blast! Details
Follow the sunset to SB. And take a map along, just in case! Details
EXPERIENCE SANTA BARBARA'S MAGIC Learn More
FIND WHAT INSPIRES YOU More Details
VIEW OUR GALLERY FOR AWE INSPIRING PHOTOS Learn More
Experience events & attractions unique to Santa Barbara! Details
Explore SB on two feet or two wheels. Details
Your guide to the surrounding Santa Barbara area. Details
SB BASICS, MAKE TRIP-PLANNING A BREEZE Learn More
GETTING HERE IS EASY More Details
START YOUR VACATION WITH OUR FREE VISITOR’S GUIDE Learn More
Take a vacation from your car in Santa Barbara. Details
We’re filled with hidden gems and plenty to see and do. Details
Our e-newsletter will transport you to the sights of SB. Details
March and April celebrate Ecotopia in Santa Barbara-a two-month long shout-out to SB's year-round culture of sustainability, outdoor activity and locally-sourced food scene. We're pretty proud of the fact that the first Earth Day was celebrated right here in downtown Santa Barbara back in 1970. With so many eco-centric aspects, it's easy to understand why.
In honor of Ecotopia, we've come up with a few sustainable travel tips to help you keep your journeying carbon footprint a little smaller:
1. Purchase reusable travel-size packages and containers that you can refill each trip. 3.4 ounces or 100ml is the current TSA max size for liquids that can pass through security.
2. Include a water bottle in your carry-on. Keep it empty through security if you're flying, but then fill it up and reuse versus buying bottled water in the airport or on the road
3. Look for green hotels and other properties that take extra steps toward more sustainable practices.
4. Choose one stop and experience it to the fullest! This will cut down on gas and travel waste. Lucky for you, Santa Barbara is the perfect place to extend your stay with an eco-friendly itinerary.
5. Make sure to maintain your eco savvy once you've checked in. Turn off lights when you leave your hotel room and hang towels for reuse.
6. Go car-free. Santa Barbara has a pedestrian-friendly town with open-air malls and shopping centers, bike paths and a variety of other public transportation. If you're looking to take the train, take the Amtrak® Pacific Surfliner® and save 20% when you purchase a ticket for travel to or from all nine Amtrak stations to Santa Barbara County!
7. Check out our farmers markets to support the local farmers and artisans. There are six in the Santa Barbara area every week!
8. Enjoy some locavore entrees while you're here. Many area restaurants offer farm-to-fork dishes.
9. Opt for organic wine. Our FourSquare list of local wineries that utilize sustainable farming methods and/or organic grapes can help guide you.
It might take a little bit of planning, but traveling more sustainably is pretty easy once you get into the green groove and there aren't many places around that boast such eco-friendly offerings as Santa Barbara. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Google+ for updated tips on how you can enjoy the local green scene.
For insider tips, special offers and more, sign up for our enews today!
10+ Activities Mom will Love t...
A Photo Diary of Ganna Walska ...
2nd Annual Santa Barbara Food ...
4 Santa Barbara Itineraries t...
Spring into Santa Barbara this...
Ashleigh Davis (1)
May 2015 (1)
April 2015 (2)
February 2015 (2)
January 2015 (1)
December 2014 (1)
November 2014 (2)
October 2014 (4)
September 2014 (1)
August 2014 (4)
July 2014 (1)
June 2014 (2)
May 2014 (4)
April 2014 (4)
March 2014 (2)
February 2014 (3)
January 2014 (2)
December 2013 (3)
November 2013 (3)
October 2013 (6)
September 2013 (4)
August 2013 (4)
July 2013 (4)
June 2013 (2)
May 2013 (6)
April 2013 (3)
March 2013 (3)
February 2013 (2)
January 2013 (9)
December 2012 (3)
November 2012 (5)
October 2012 (5)
September 2012 (4)
August 2012 (6)
July 2012 (4)
June 2012 (4)
May 2012 (5)
April 2012 (4)
March 2012 (5)
February 2012 (11)
January 2012 (6)
November 2011 (1)
October 2011 (6)
August 2011 (1)
July 2011 (2)
June 2011 (2)
May 2011 (3)
April 2011 (2)
March 2011 (4)
February 2011 (10)
January 2011 (7)
December 2010 (4)
November 2010 (4)
October 2010 (5)
September 2010 (3)
August 2010 (4)
July 2010 (4)
June 2010 (5)
May 2010 (2)
Request your FREE copies today to help plan your visit and get the most of it while you're here!
Santa Barbara Harbor! ... <<More