Santa Barbara Beach Bum
Love the sand and sun? We have the perfect itinerary for your day at the beach. Just don't forget to lather on that sunscreen!
- Ride the waves at Santa Claus Lane Beach. The dudes at A-Frame Surf Shop will set you up with surfi ng lessons, gear and apparel. Info: 3785 Santa Claus Lane, Carpinteria; 805.684.8803; aframesurf.com.
- Dress like a native. Get board shorts, bikinis and other swimsuits, flip-flops, sunscreen and all the gear to look beachready at Beach House. Info: 10 State St., 805.963.1281, surfnwear.com.
- Pedal down the beach. Santa Barbara Bikes To-Go delivers top-of-the-line bicycles to your hotel room. Pick your pedaling preference: road bikes, mountain bikes, cruisers, kid/pet trailers-they've got 'em! Info: 805.617.3364.
- Dig into a Beach Burger at Shoreline Beach Café, right on Leadbetter Beach, as you dig your toes in the sand. You can't dine any closer to the water than this. Info: 801 Shoreline Drive, 805.568.0064.
- Beach hop: There's a stretch of sand for every mood. East Beach and Leadbetter Beach are near all the action like volleyball and water sports. Butterfly Beach in Montecito is perfect for romantic strolls. And quiet El Capitan State Beach inspires meditation as the waves splash on the rocks.
- Savor sunset with a beer, a bowl of chowder and a good buddy at Brophy Bros. overlooking the harbor. Info: 119 Harbor Way, 805.966.4418.
Author: Maryann Hammers