Perfect Foodie Day
From sunrise to sunset, we have your perfect foodie day planned. Experience the best of Santa Barbara through local cuisine, culinary adventures, mouth-watering meals and more!
- Start the day right with breakfast at Renaud's Patisserie & Bistro and don't miss the fabulous croissants...ooh la la! Info: Loreto Plaza, 3315 State St., SB, 569-2400, and Arlington Plaza, 1324 State St., 892-2800, renaudsbakery.com.
- Stop by one of the area's farmers markets (six days a week). The Saturday downtown market is the mother of them all, with organic produce galore, of course, but you'll also find local nuts, cheeses, pies and breads, olive oils, lavender products, honey, even seafood, chicken, and beef. Info: sbfarmersmarket.org.
- Join local foodie and Slow Food Santa Barbara leader Laurence Hauben on one of her Market Forays, shopping tours of farmers and fishermen's markets and specialty food shops, followed by a lively hands-on cooking class and five-course seasonal feast paired with local wines. Info: 259-7229.
- Become a city sipper and hit the Santa Barbara Urban Wine Trail - sample some of Santa Barbara County's world-class wines right downtown. You'll find Santa Barbara Winery, Carr Vineyards & Winery and Jaffurs Wine Cellars, just to name a few. Info: sbcountywines.com.
- Dinner at Bouchon Santa Barbara is a fabulous cap-off to your perfect foodie day. Relax and enjoy seasonal food of the Central Coast paired with local wines in an elegant but unstuffy setting. Info: 9 W. Victoria St., SB, 730-1160.