Join our Santa Barbara Film Trivia Twitter Chat on January 8, 2013 and enter to win a two-day stay and Santa Barbara International Film Festival pass.
All you need to do is:
Start following Santa Barbara (@SantaBarbara) on Twitter, if you're not already. In addition to your chance to win, our Twitter feed doubles as your personal Santa Barbara concierge!
Tune in to the Santa Barbara Film Trivia Twitter Chat on January 8, 2013, which will consist of 10 Santa Barbara-related film trivia questions throughout the course of one hour (2:00 - 3:00 p.m. Pacific Time). A hint for each question can be found on the Santa Barbara Film Trivia Pinterest page. Make sure to include #SBFilmQuiz hashtag with all quiz-related Tweets, Retweets and Direct Messages.
We'll announce the winner on the @SantaBarbara Twitter page on January 8, 2013, or as quickly thereafter as we can. If you're the lucky person, make sure to send a direct message back to us via Twitter within 48 hours.
Read on for the nitty gritty:
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER, PLAY OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. THE FOLLOWING SWEEPSTAKES IS INTENDED FOR PLAY IN THE UNITED STATES ONLY. DO NOT ENTER THIS SWEEPSTAKES IF YOU ARE NOT LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES.
2. SPONSOR: Santa Barbara Conference & Visitors Bureau and Film Commission ("Sponsor") is the sponsor of the Santa Barbara Conference and Visitors Bureau & Film Commission Twitter Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes"). Sponsor's physical mailing address is 500 E. Montecito Street, Santa Barbara, CA 93013 (www.santabarbaraca.com). This Sweepstakes is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Twitter.
3. DESCRIPTION OF SWEEPSTAKES: Via online method only, entrants will have the opportunity to win a two-night stay at a Santa Barbara hotel and one (1) Santa Barbara International Film Festival State Street pass. Each Sweepstakes entrant ("Entrant) must be a follower of @SantaBarbara on Twitter.com and must participate in the Santa Barbara Film Trivia Twitter Chat on January 8, 2013. Entries will be accepted starting at 2:00 p.m. until 3:00 p.m. (Pacific Time) on January 8, 2013.
4. ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the United States, who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees of Sponsor, and Sponsor's partner companies, affiliates, members, promotion vendors and other vendor agencies directly or indirectly involved in this Sweepstakes, as well as the immediate family members (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee, are not eligible. Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Sponsor retains the sole discretion to determine in good faith all questions regarding Entrant eligibility.
5. SWEEPSTAKES TIMING: The Sweepstakes begins at 2:00 p.m. and ends at 3:00 p.m. Pacific Time on January 8, 2013 (the "Promotional Period").
6. HOW TO ENTER: To enter, visit www.twitter.com and become a follower of @SantaBarbara. Then, participate in the Santa Barbara Film Trivia chat during the Promotional Period and correctly answer one or more of the ten Santa Barbara-related film trivia questions posed during the course of the Promotional Period. Make sure to include #SBFilmQuiz with all tweets associated with the Trivia chat - including "#SBFilmQuiz" within a tweet that also includes the correct answer to one of the ten questions automatically enters you to win. The Sweepstakes winner will be notified via the @SantaBarbara page, and will be required to contact Sponsor by direct message via Twitter within forty-eight (48) hours of such notification. All entries must be received by 3:00 p.m. Pacific Time on January 8, 2013.
7. GRAND PRIZE WINNERS PRIZE SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION: This is a game of chance. Odds of winning will be determined by the number of eligible entries, i.e., the number of correct answers that include #SBFilmQuiz and are entered during the Promotional Period. Correctly answering any one question more than one time will not improve an Entrant's chance of winning. However, correctly answering more than one question will increase an Entrant's chance of winning. The Winner will be selected at random from all Sweepstakes-compliant correct answers entered during the Promotional Period using an independent automatically-generated selection process that is intended to eliminate duplicate and non-compliant entries. Notification to the winner will be completed on or about January 8, 2013. The winner will be notified via Twitter.com direct message sent from @SantaBarbara, and via publication on the @SantaBarbara page on Twitter.com. The winner will be asked to direct message his or her contact information to Sponsor. If any winner notification remains unanswered for forty-eight (48) hours, the prize will be forfeited in its entirety and an alternate winner will be selected from the pool of Sweepstakes-compliant correct answers that were entered during the Promotional Period. The Grand Prize is not transferrable and no prize substitutions or cash alternatives will be offered or allowed except as may be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
8. PRIZE AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE: There will be one Grand Prize, consisting of one Two-night hotel stay in Santa Barbara and one Santa Barbara International Film Festival State Street pass with an Approximate Retail Value of $1,225.00 (lodging approximately $900.00, State Street Pass $325.00). Actual value may vary based on dates of lodging. The winner will not receive the difference between the actual and approximate retail values. Travel dates may be selected by the winner during the travel period of January 24 - February 3, 2013, but are subject to availability and blackout dates, and the terms and conditions of the voucher. Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates. The prize is non-refundable and non-transferable, cannot be combined with any other special offer or promotion and must be accepted as awarded. The Santa Barbara Film Trivia Twitter Contest package does not include airfare or other transportation. Airfare and transportation are the responsibility of the winner. All federal, state, and local taxes and fees are the sole responsibility of the winner. Sponsor will comply with all income tax reporting obligations.
9. BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, participants release and hold harmless Sponsor, and its respective directors, officers, employees, members, vendors and agents (and each of their agents and employees) from any and all liability for any injuries, loss, or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with this Sweepstakes or any prize won, including any injuries, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with participation in the Sweepstakes. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing or publication of this offer, administration of the Sweepstakes or in the selection or announcement of the Grand Prize. In the event Sponsor is prevented from continuing with this Sweepstakes, or the integrity and/or feasibility of the Sweepstakes is undermined by any event including but not limited to fire, flood, epidemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, war (declared or undeclared), terrorist threat or activity, or any federal, state or local government act, law, order or regulation, order of any court, or other cause not reasonably within Sponsor's control (each a "Force Majeure" event or occurrence), Sponsor shall have the right, in its sole discretion, to abbreviate, modify, suspend, cancel, or terminate the Sweepstakes without further obligation and, if the Sweepstakes is so abbreviated, modified, suspended, cancelled, or terminated, Sponsor reserves the right, but not the obligation, to award the Grand Prize from among all valid and eligible entries received up to the time of such Force Majeure event. All entries are the property of Sponsor and are not returnable. The laws of the State of California (USA), without regard to its conflict of law rules, will govern these Terms. Any action relating to this Sweepstakes shall be initiated only in the state and federal courts located in or having jurisdiction over Santa Barbara, California (USA).
10. ONLINE REGISTRATION: This Sweepstakes is intended for viewing in the United States only and shall be construed and evaluated according to U.S. law. Do not enter this Sweepstakes if you are not located in the United States or are not a legal U.S. resident. Submission of repetitive and/or automated entries is specifically prohibited, and any such entries will be disqualified. Entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the Twitter address submitted at the time of entry. In the event of a dispute, the potential winner may be required to provide proof that he/she is the authorized account-holder of the identified Twitter account, and Sponsor's decision will be final. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries, including any error that may result in an erroneous appearance of qualification for a prize. Sponsor is not responsible for any problem or technical malfunction of any computer equipment or software that results in loss of entry. WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY COMPUTERIZED SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. NO ENTRANT THAT SPONSOR DETERMINES IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION TO HAVE ATTEMPTED TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES WILL QUALIFY TO WIN AND SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO RESCIND ANY AWARD GIVEN TO ANY ENTRANT DETERMINED BY SPONSOR IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION TO HAVE ATTEMPTED TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES.
11. BY PARTICIPATING, each Entrant agrees to comply with these official rules. Sponsor is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes or by any technical or human error that may occur in the processing of entries in the Sweepstakes. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or tampering with or hacking of, the Sponsor or Twitter web sites or any technical failure or malfunction, or any injury or damage to an entrant's or any other person's computer or property.
12. IN NO EVENT WILL SPONSOR OR ANY SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF ENTRANT'S PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, ANY PRIZES WON, ENTRANT'S ACCESS TO OR USE OF SPONSOR'S WEB SITES OR THE TWITTER WEBSITE, OR THE ACCESSING, DOWNLOADING AND/OR PRINTING OF ANY MATERIAL AVAILABLE ON SAID SITES. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING ON SPONSOR'S WEB SITES IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSIONS OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY.
13. BY ACCEPTING A PRIZE in this Sweepstakes, each winner grants to Sponsor, where permitted by law, the right to use and publish (worldwide, via the Internet and otherwise) his or her name, city and state of residence, portrait, image, picture, voice, likeness and comments for advertising, trade and promotional purposes without any notification, opportunity to review, right of approval or additional consideration whatsoever provided to him or her. To receive a prize, each winner will be required to provide entrant's full name, email address, birth date, zip code, and Twitter handle. The winner may also be required to complete, sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release, prepared at Sponsor's cost and at Sponsor's sole and absolute discretion. A winner's prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner (selected by random drawing in accordance with Section 6) upon the occurrence of any of the following: (i) the failure of winner to confirm acceptance of the prize and return any required documents/information within seven (7) days of prize notification by Sponsor; (ii) the return of a prize or prize notification to Sponsor as non-deliverable; (iii) the determination by Sponsor that winner is ineligible or otherwise not in compliance with these official rules; or the winner's inability or refusal to provide such affidavits or releases as Sponsor may request in its sole and absolute discretion.
14. BY ACCEPTING A PRIZE, THE WINNER AGREES TO DEFEND AND INDEMNIFY SPONSOR AND ALL SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES, AND HOLD SPONSOR AND ALL SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES HARMLESS SPONSOR, FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURY, LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS, INCLUDING PERSONAL INJURY AND/OR DEATH, AND LOSSES TO TANGIBLE AND INTANGIBLE PROPERTY, ARISING FROM OR IN CONNECTION WITH ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE, PARTICIPATION IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR ANY SWEEPSTAKES-RELATED ACTIVITY.
15. SPONSOR IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR any changes or unavailability of any third-party service (including, but not limited to, Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Google and/or Google+) that may interfere with the Sweepstakes (including any limitations, restrictions or conditions on Sponsor's ability to use such services for the Sweepstakes) or the ability or inability of any entrant to timely enter, receive notices or communicate with Sponsor. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned because of circumstances including, but not limited to, website outages or interruptions on Sponsor's or any third-party service provider's website, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes, which, in Sponsor's sole judgment, corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion and determination of fairness, to cancel the Sweepstakes.
16. BY REGISTERING TO ENTER THE SWEEPSTAKES, each Entrant acknowledges he or she has read, understands and will abide by these official rules. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these official rules, or the rights and obligations of Entrants and/or Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, without regard to the conflict of laws principles. In the event of any inconsistency between the full version of these official rules and any abbreviated rules, the version most beneficial for Entrants (but not necessarily any one Entrant) shall prevail.
18. WINNER LIST: The name of the Grand Prize winner may be obtained by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope postmarked by December 31, 2013 to: Santa Barbara Conference and Visitors Bureau & Film Commission, 500 East Montecito Street, Santa Barbara, California, 93103. Sponsored and administered 2013 by Santa Barbara Conference and Visitors Bureau & Film Commission.